Happy Faces is a North Wales based children’s charity that actively works to provide help and support to disadvantaged children in the area.
We undertake a wide variety of different fundraising activities to help raise money for children within North Wales. We are constantly out and about organising fundraising shows or collecting at events featuring our sponsors.
This is the privacy notice of Happy Faces Charity. In this document ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’ refer to Happy Faces Charity
1. This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you. In the context of the law and this notice, ‘process’ means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
2. We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately or write to The Treasurer, Mr Ray Herbert M.B.E. At Tourist Information Centre, Rhos Promenade, Rhos on Sea, LL28 4EN
3. We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website and members of our Charity are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
4. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
5. Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
6. The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data.
7. Except as set out below, we do not share, sell, or disclose to a third party any information collected through our website or our members.
THE BASIS ON WHICH WE PROCESS INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
The law requires us to determine under which of six defined basis we process different categories of your personal information and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes, then, if required by law we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
1. INFORMATION WE PROCESS BECAUSE WE HAVE A CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION WITH YOU.
We do not ask you to create an account on our website, therefore a contract is not formed between you and us
2. INFORMATION WE PROCESS WITH YOUR CONSENT
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you with more information about Happy Faces Charity your consent for us to process information may be personal information. If it is needed for use on another allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us a message by email to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose (including photographs and videos) we do not use information in any way that would identify you personally. We may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor the performance of a particular page on our website or information from our members.
If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to the Treasurer Mr Ray Herbert MBE Tourist Information Centre, Rhos Promenade, Rhos on Sea, LL28 4EN
3. INFORMATION WE PROCESS FOR THE PURPOSES OF LEGITIMATE INTERESTS
We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or us, of doing so.
Where we process your information on this basis, we do so after having given careful consideration to:-
a. Whether the same objective could be achieved through other means.
b. Whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm.
c. Whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so.
For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:-
a. Record keeping for the proper and necessary administration of Happy Faces
b. Responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response.
c. Protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party.
d. Insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage risk.
e. Protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so.
4. INFORMATION WE PROCESS BECAUSE WE HAVE A LEGAL OBLIGATION
We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
This may include your personal information.
USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATED SYSTEMS WHEN YOU VISIT OUR WEBSITE.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored unt software operated by third parties whose services we use.
a. To track how you use our website
b. To record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website.
DISCLOSURE AND SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
6. INFORMATION WE OBTAIN FROM THIRD PARTIES.
We do not disclose your personal information to any third party nor receive anything from a third party.
7. VOLUNTEERS OF HAPPY FACES
Email information of volunteers is retained for the purposes of sending information in relation to the charity and will be sent anonymized. Other information may also be retained, if required, for the purposes of contact, running the charity and promoting the charity. Our social media page and web page may contain photos and videos relating to the charity. If you would like to exercise any of your rights regarding the publishing of photos and videos please contact The Treasurer, Mr Ray Herbert MBE Tourist Information Centre, Rhos Promenade, Rhos on Sea, LL28 4EN
8. REMOVAL OF YOUR INFORMATION
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website you may contact us by email at email@example.com or by writing to The Treasurer, Mr Ray Herbert MBE at The Tourist Information Centre, Rhos Promenade, Rhos on Sea, LL28 4EN
9. VERIFICATION OF YOUR INFORMATION
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
10. HOW TO COMPLAIN
b. If a dispute is not settled then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
c. If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
11. RETENTION PERIOD FOR PERSONAL DATA
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us.
a. To provide you with the services your have requested.
b. To support a claim or defence in court.
12. COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAW
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use the website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.
Get in touch
70 Rhos Promenade, Rhos On Sea, LL28 4EN
Chairperson: Callum Bartley
Treasurer: Ray Herbert MBE
Kiosk shop Manager: Ron Hillier
Events, Publicity & Press: Ray
Website/Social media Callum
Happy Faces Children’s Charity Reg No 1101620